Information Advice and Support Service (IASS)
The Information Advice and Support Service offers independent advice, information and guidance on issues relating to Special Educational Needs & Disability. The service is for parents of disabled children and young people (0-25 years) with Special Educational Needs and informs them about their rights and the rights of their child under Education Law, as well as local policies and practice in the areas of Education, Health and Social Care.
The following video explains how the service works and how it may be of help to you.
Thanks again for your help all over again. You are truly amazing. I really don’t think I could do this without youLocal IASS service user
Our aim to is to empower parents, carers, and young people to participate effectively in planning and decision-making around their child’s education, health and care.
Some of the areas we cover are:
- SEN support (school-based support for children/young people without EHC Plans)
- Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessment
- EHC Plans and Annual Reviews
- The Local Offer
- Personal Budgets
- Social Care Assessments and Packages
- Phase Transfers (Nursery to Primary, Primary to Secondary, Secondary to College or FE)
- Communicating with the Local Authority
- Nurseries, Schools, and Colleges
- Disagreement Resolutions (Complaints, Mediation, and Tribunals)
- Understanding professionals’ reports and other relevant documents
- Preparing for and attending Meetings (as support)
- Form filling
- Signposting to other agencies/charities
You can also use the search function to search for specific information on our website. To access upcoming events please click here.
The I.A.S.S. service operates Monday, Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only.
For more information about the I.A.S.S service, please contact Full of Life directly on 020 8960 9064 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take a few minutes to give us your feedback Click here
I have worked with Sam for a number of years (and 2 potential Tribunals), regarding my daughter, and her very real and very difficult issues with her schooling and her various school placements. It doesn’t matter how many times I call Sam or how many times I email, she always responds within 24 hours and calmly and patiently explains processes and next steps.Local IASS Service User